14 Weeks and I'm finally starting to feel human again! I'm still a little tired and grouchy
and really really constipated. (Sorry, that's TMI, but this is a private blog for my own memory, so I'm including it!). And I have a cold. But, overall, I am sooo much better!
Baby is the size of a lemon this week - 3 1/2 inches long, an ounce and a half in weight, and able to make faces, pee, and suck his/her thumb! Crazy, right?
I'm pretty sure I've felt baby move a few times.
And I've definitely already had at least one Braxton Hicks contraction (wha?!?!). Everyone says it's normal to notice them way sooner the second time around, but it still realllly weirded me out. And now I keep wondering if I'm having them every time my stomach feels weird at all.
Speaking of stomach, check out this baby bump:
Yup, that was 2 weeks ago (before I chopped my hair off - it's up to my shoulders now!). Definitely more bump than I had with Samuel at that stage! Everyone says you show sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I've actually gained *less* weight, so I'm just going to assume that's all baby. Hopefully it won't be crazy big like his/her daddy was!
I haven't been able to get the video upload to work, but here are Samuel's cute little announcements. He randomly remembers we are having a baby about once a day and gets really excited about talking to my stomach. He also changes his mind about whether it's a boy or girl about 5 times a week. :-)
I guess the next big thing to look forward to is finding out whether it IS a boy or a girl - October 20! It's hard to believe it's only 4 weeks away! Until then, we will just keep praying this little lemon is healthy and happy in there. :-)
Weight Gain: 2-3 lbs
Aversions/Cravings: I HAD to have a hot dog the other day. I seriously barely even like hot dogs. I also had a major burger craving one night last week. And a few cereals still gross me out, as well as cooking meat. Other than that, I'm much more normal, though!
Sleep: If my child would quit waking up, the cat would quit sneaking in my room, and the baby would quit jumping on my bladder, I'd be good to go. Haha. As it stands, I'm up 1-2 times to pee and often 1-2 other times to take care of my other "kids." I usually am out from 1-7 though, so I can't complain too much about a solid 6 hours. ;-)
What I'm looking forward to: Feeling these kicks non stop! And getting out of the "fat" stage. I really don't look preggo right now, just kind of frumpy. Oh well. Worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment