Man, we have had a crazy few weeks! Eric had two fellowship interviews in Nashville and Birmingham, so we found ourselves traveling more than half of the last two weeks. It was really fun, but REALLY exhausting, especially in the first trimester with a 2 year old.
Thankfully, outside of being super exhausted all the time, and having some "night sickness" (not throwing up or anything, just feeling nauseous and picky), I really have felt quite a bit better than my pregnancy with Samuel. I think. Maybe I'm just in denial, I don't know. Haha. I still can't stand the thought of hot coffee, which is a bummer.
I think the one funny thing about this pregnancy so far is how my cravings have been SO different than they were with Samuel. Before all I wanted to eat was pizza, ketchup, and anything tomato-based. This time, I'm all about the Mexican and Asian food. I seriously had Panda Express 2 or 3 times while we were in Nashville, and had Mexican 3/5 meals while in Birmingham. Everything else sounded gross.
The one unfortunate thing is that I've still been bleeding after I run. Thursday (two days ago), it was so bad I was sure I was miscarrying, but it faded pretty quickly (though I still have some even today). I've still been uber worried, so I have pretty much sworn off even light jogging until I hear that heartbeat again. It's kind of killing me. I'm SO active naturally and I feel like all I'm doing is sitting around and eating. But it's worth it if it means this baby is okay. 12 weeks cannot get here fast enough!
Anyway, I guess that's about all that's going on here in preggo-world. I keep spilling the beans despite my worries. I'm just ready for it to feel real, you know? I'm SO excited, but I hate this part of keeping it a secret and not being sure if everything is okay.
I know ultimately it isn't in my hands, though. All I can do is trust. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment