Thursday, November 12, 2015

21 Weeks

So it's safe to say I'm slower to post this time around. :-)

Mainly because I was waiting until I had my ultrasound picture loaded onto the computer to put on the blog, and I only load pictures up about once a month. That's my excuse anyway!

But baby Yates #2 is officially a BOY! Which I suspected all along, but didn't want to assume. We're so excited to have another little wild man around the house! And Samuel is absolutely precious - He sings songs all the time about, "We are having a baby brother!" He pretends his teddy bears are babies and carries them under his shirt. Sometimes one is the mommy, one the daddy, one the "baby" and one the "baby brother." And before his nap today he asked to see my belly button, rubbed it gently ("because it's a baby") and sang ABCs to baby bro. Heart. Melting.

Baby boy is the about the size of a carrot/banana this week - 10.5" long and about 3/4 of a pound! He's moving around a ton, which I love! I will say that, though he moves a lot and I felt him earlier, I do feel like he's calmer overall in there than Samuel was. So maybe there's hope for a calm little child yet?? haha. Not that I would trade my Samuel and his energy for anything!

Pregnancy-wise, things have been going extremely smoothly! I definitely feel bigger than last time, but I've only gained 10ish pounds, so that's right on track.

Baby boy and I ran a 10K a couple of weeks ago. I was much slower than normal, but still managed under 10 minute miles even with a quick pee break (the route went right by my house. Score!).

I'm pretty much sleeping through the night these days, which is awesome.

I've had a little more round ligament pain than last time and a LOT more braxton hicks, though it could just be that I actually know what they are this time around.

I do have a lot of heartburn. That's not fun. And I still stay constipated. But I survive. I probably eat too much, but it's usually really small portions.

Anyway, there's the good, the bad, the ugly. Here's a few more of baby boy's ultrasound pics!




21 Weeks along! 


No comments:

Post a Comment